Author Topic: Shadows studies - Raj  (Read 17202 times)

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
Re: Shadows studies - Raj
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 06:49:52 PM »
has an attempt been made to ask pge about any American Electric SRX-55's in use in capitola?  or if they even inventory that kind of data?
Yes.  The PIs are looking into it.  One thing to keep in mind, this lamp may not be for city street use.  It may be on private property such as a parking lot.  In that case, pge may not be able to help.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 06:52:58 PM by 10538 »

Offline HPO

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #1
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 07:42:26 PM »
Same here, HPO.  I'm looking forward to seeing a pic of the physical model.  :)

It's going to happen, I just got a green light today  ;) ,it's a private project but it is also going to be a technology demonstrator for our company's machines and craftmanschip on trade fairs  :D

But first I need to correct some parts before I start to build a scale model, the model will be partial build in both types of machines; Stereolythography and the Objet.
I want to build the main arm in the stereollythography machine, because I want to make a picture when the laser is drawing the 'text' on the arm  8)

Offline leviathan

• Major Dronie
    • L E V I A T H A N
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 08:09:38 PM »
Fantastic.
Leviathan
We at L E V I A T H A N were banned from the UFO Casebook Forum and it is so sad.
http://livyatan.blogspot.com/

Offline spf33

• Administrator
  • Major Dronie
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2008, 03:39:55 AM »
In that case, pge may not be able to help.

did you find any size info on the SRX-55?

It's going to happen, I just got a green light today...

wow, very cool.  what's the largest you can make it?

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2008, 04:21:44 AM »
did you find any size info on the SRX-55?

No, but judging by the pole it attaches to I'd guess it is standard street light size, probably 20-24"?

Offline HPO

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #1
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2008, 07:36:06 AM »

wow, very cool.  what's the largest you can make it?

How large I can make it depends on the costs involved, like Douglas wrote in another topic, a full size drone would cost a minimal of one hundred thousand Euro or US dollar, and if it's really that big as you guys calculated in the chad measurements topic, really much much more :o

But I've not yet determined on how large I will go with it. But it needs to be large enough to bring some strenght to the 'cage' on top,
and that I can use some standard size metal wires/rods on the main arm and appendices.

I'm going to build it in pieces, so it doesn't really depend on the dimensions of our machines, although I want to build the main torus in one piece.

-HPO-
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 07:47:57 AM by HPO »

Offline nekitamo

• Administrator
  • Major Dronie
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2008, 09:39:13 PM »
I am looking at poles in Capitola on google maps and they do not seem to respect NSEW.  Seems they are aligned with the streets.  BTW, most of Capitola is now on Street View in google maps.  Good luck all you pole hunters out there.  Be sure to look for this street lamp.

The Raj lamp has been identified as a variation of an "American Electric SRX-55".

http://www.soxlamps.com/uk%20and%20overseas_sub.htm

Supposedly, this is a very rare lamp.  If it's in Capitola it would stick out like a sore thumb.

I did some research, and it seems this lamps are still in production/use:
http://www.americanelectriclighting.com/Products/Family.asp?Brand=AEL&Family=Roadway-Area-SRX&FID=
There's also a data sheet with exact dimensions, perhaps useful for further analysis of PICT15.

In fact, such low-pressure sodium lamps seem to be the most efficient light sources of all, but are not widely used because of their distinct yellow colored light (589 nanometres). So they should indeed stick-out, but especially at night - anyone remembers seeing some nice images of Capitola at night while browsing for poles? Maybe the detectives could have spotted this lamp(s) at night from some vantage point overlooking Capitola much easier than by driving through the streets during the day?

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2008, 09:52:27 PM »
We have checked into distributors for this lamp and the closest to Capitola is San Jose which is not far away.  We are offering a reward to anybody who can locate it.  http://droneteam.com/reward/
Unfortunately, I had not made this discovery prior to the Capitola trip.  Also, we did not do any pole searching at night.  You are correct.  This lamp is an odd ball and in my estimation provides the best clue for locating the Raj location, unless it's already been removed (highly likely)  :o.

One thing that might help, google maps street view now shows most of Capitola.  Maybe somebody might find it there.  My guess is this lamp is NOT over a street but more likely over a parking lot or outside a business.

Offline onthefence

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2008, 01:56:16 PM »
I have noticed some bad science postings on one of the hoax believers forums here.

The flawed argument is that 2D techniques can be used on a 3D scene by drawing parallel lines indicating sunlight.

In fact, sunlight obeys the laws of perspective in a 3D scene, and the actual shadows will not appear parallel. The following image was created using a 3D modelling program with a simulated Sun (not a "lamp"). The dashed lines are parallel and matched to the middle posts, notice that the far and near post shadows do not line up (circled) with the parallel lines.

Proper photo analysis of a real 3D scene requires an exact 3D model and viewpoint, or 3D graphics software.

Offline majicbar

• Major Dronie
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2008, 06:28:57 PM »
I am looking at poles in Capitola on google maps and they do not seem to respect NSEW.  Seems they are aligned with the streets.  BTW, most of Capitola is now on Street View in google maps.  Good luck all you pole hunters out there.  Be sure to look for this street lamp.

The Raj lamp has been identified as a variation of an "American Electric SRX-55".

http://www.soxlamps.com/uk%20and%20overseas_sub.htm

Supposedly, this is a very rare lamp.  If it's in Capitola it would stick out like a sore thumb.

I did some research, and it seems this lamps are still in production/use:
http://www.americanelectriclighting.com/Products/Family.asp?Brand=AEL&Family=Roadway-Area-SRX&FID=
There's also a data sheet with exact dimensions, perhaps useful for further analysis of PICT15.

In fact, such low-pressure sodium lamps seem to be the most efficient light sources of all, but are not widely used because of their distinct yellow colored light (589 nanometres). So they should indeed stick-out, but especially at night - anyone remembers seeing some nice images of Capitola at night while browsing for poles? Maybe the detectives could have spotted this lamp(s) at night from some vantage point overlooking Capitola much easier than by driving through the streets during the day?

Lamp specs:

http://www.acuitybrandslighting.com/library/Specification_Sheets/AEL/Specification%20Sheets/Roadway/Roadway/RW-SRX.pdf

This lamp is probably located near a park, or a parking lot for a park, or perhaps along an ocean overlook. In photo 16 note that only two conductors continue to the bottom left, indicating that no three phase power is used, as would only power which is being supplied for lighting. The streetviews are a bit blurry, but I think a lamp near 894 Park may be of this type? Maybe the poles being sought are in this area?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 06:34:23 PM by majicbar »