Author Topic: Physical studies of the drones: size estimations, shadows consistencies.....  (Read 27776 times)

Offline knowhow

• Full Dronie
  • Retired Engr'g Mgr, programmer, pilot,musician
Drone Boom Comparison by Magicbar
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 08:58:03 PM »
Magicbar
I expanded the comparison and something of note appears.  The inner design for each drone seems to be amazingly similar in relative size.  This might mean the design function in that area is quite equal or perhaps necessary. The relative rotation of the bottom boom should still leave the lengths relatively unchanged.
knowhow

Offline elevenaugust

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
  • א ב ג ד ה ו ז ח ט י כ ך ל מ ם נ ן ס ע פ ף צ ץ ק ר
Hi Knowhow,

Great comparison. However, are you aware of the optical illusion created by the tilted arm?:

From Saladfingers/Kris Avery

Here are the work who have been previously done on this subject:

From Onthefence:

IPACO, the new tool for photo and video analysis is on-line! www.ipaco.fr

Offline knowhow

• Full Dronie
Drone Comparison
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 10:20:35 PM »
elevenaugust
I don't believe there is any possible rotation angle which can cause the inner portion of the boom to stay the same length and still allow the outer segment to expand 30% or whatever it is unless somebody stretched one picture which could be done.  The rotation about the boom center axis has no impact on length measurements.  If the one picture were dipped to make the overall boom shorter or longer, then the inner units would also be the same percentage shorter or longer.  Note that the slight difference is the opposite way in the upper and lower boom middle segment and inner segment. It appears at least similar in the onthefence top two pictures.  I am not sure where the third picture in the onthefence diagram comes from but it seems clearly at a different angle and I have not measured it nor is it likely to be much more than speculation at that kind of camera angle. But I will look into the matter further and thanks for pointing out the other discussions.  I had enough problem refinding the original topic I was going to comment upon so I am clearly not yet familiar with all the efforts to date.
knowhow

Offline knowhow

• Full Dronie
Drone Comparison
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 10:26:36 PM »
I am not sure how to identify photos in this section but the comparison below the onthefence picture where the gaps are shown staggered and offset, the writing on the boom is nowhere near the same.  I am not sure I have seen that one before.
knowhow

Offline knowhow

• Full Dronie
Drone Boom Comparison 4
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 11:02:53 PM »
The two booms below are obviously from different drones because of the writing, annulus extension and a missing circle on the middle segment.  But they appear to have a very similar design. 

knowhow
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 11:25:18 PM by Nemo492 »

Offline onthefence

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
Re: Drone Boom Comparison 4
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2008, 11:13:45 PM »
The two booms below are obviously from different drones because of the writing, annulus extension and a missing circle on the middle segment.  But they appear to have a very similar design.

Yes they are from different sightings. The top one is from the Chad sighting, and the bottom one is from the Raj sighting.

Offline knowhow

• Full Dronie
Drone Differences
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2008, 11:23:31 PM »
onthefence
I wonder with the chad and raj drone designs so similar but the writing so different if that particular type of drone mission is not a group of different owners like the United Nations coming to do something collectively?  I wouldn't be surprised if one of the primary missions isn't to do exactly what the DRT is doing?
knowhow

Offline knowhow

• Full Dronie
Drone Boom Analysis
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2008, 06:10:30 PM »
Magicbar
Here are some further additions to your comparison

While doing some more work on the drone boom, particularly the inner segments, I found something that may be of interest.  One cannot take the precise numbers for anything realâ?¦it is just what I carefully drew in the first time and could not be replicated even by myself with that much precision.  But sometimes you get lucky if you are careful.

Dimensionless ratios can have real meaning if the design used them in that manner.  You can see I drew in small lines for the bosses outside the annulus.  I then projected a circle for the annulus which no doubt is not that accurate left to right if there is any camera distortion.  But that distortion only changes the angles all in the same ratio.  If one is using the ratio of one angle to another, the distortion drops out to a large extent.  I then drew radii to the midpoint of the boss lines.  That is how the array of 8 angles is created in yellow on the right.

In the spreadsheet you will find that these angles are all related in a simple curve. The first column lists the azimuths shown on the drawing.  The second column is the angles and the third column is the incremental differences of the angles.  The first bar chart represents these angle differences and you will see I drew in a couple straight line segments which indicate the same curve would fit both the first group of three and the second group of three.  If this were some random creation then this mathematical relationship would not exist. 

In the next chart you can see I created a column of double angles.  In other words, one is to consider two angles at a time.  You can see by the chart to the right that this is a smooth curve and not random.  It is color coded to show where the double angles came from above.  This is a solid indication of a design.

Then if one looks at the ratio of these double angles, there is one that stands out because it so precisely compares to a dimensionless ratio out on the boom measuring from the bubbles or circles marked in red.  Image line lengths are from the center of one bubble to another as marked.  When the dimensionless ratio of the gap width divided by the sum of the lengths is used as the power of natural log E, the result is precisely the same as the ratio of the double angles that are marked.  In future endeavors, there might be more relationships which may help get this thing understood.
knowhow

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
KnowHow,

Have you seen Arkhangel's impressive analysis concerning drone boom dimensions?  http://droneteam.com/drt/index.php?topic=48.0

Offline knowhow

• Full Dronie
arkhangel materials
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2008, 07:20:23 PM »
It was arkhangel's materials you reference that was sent to me by a third party that brought me to the DRT and motivated me to investigate from some other points of view.
knowhow

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
Re: Physical studies of the drones: size estimations, shadows consistencies.....
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2008, 08:58:24 PM »
Trying to tie together all analysis done into size estimations. 

From Nekitamo: (Spf33 came to the same conclusion)

From Spf33:

He has the large BB drone ring at 10 feet.  Which would put the overall length at about 40 feet.

Here I have some estimates which are based on a proposed 24 foot wide concrete slab size.  If the item #15 is the same as that on the Raj drone this would make it's overall length less than 30 feet.  This would also put the BB drone at about 60 feet long.  It could be the slab size is actually double at 48'.  This would double all size estimates and put the Raj drone estimate in line with the Nekitamo and Spf33 estimates and put the BBdrone into the 120 foot range.

Offline Douglas

• Hero Dronie #1
Re: Physical studies of the drones: size estimations, shadows consistencies.....
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2008, 10:41:25 PM »
Here is a quote from a book written circa 1954.  The dimensions the space alien talks about might be related to the BB Drone.  The full statement is located on this site on my historical sightings thread.  This quotation would put the BB Drone in the 125 foot size.  Didn't Chad say the Drone was the size of a jet fighter??

An Extraterrestrial Statement...pages 9-93 (by the space alien) circa 1954

Chapter Four.

The "Saucers" Page 38 (the alien is speaking here circa 1954)

(4). " A doughnut-shaped craft, about 125 feet outside diameter by about 36 feet thick, with a hole about 25 feet in diameter in the center. They are used only when complicated scientific observation of some nature is required. Due to the large amount of test equipment which they carry they have become known as "flying laboratories". They use an "electro-magnetic drive" and are not likely to be seen by your people except on comparatively rare occasions."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

10538 writes:

Here I have some estimates which are based on a proposed 24 foot wide concrete slab size.  If the item #15 is the same as that on the Raj drone this would make it's overall length less than 30 feet.  This would also put the BB drone at about 60 feet long.  It could be the slab size is actually double at 48'.  This would double all size estimates and put the Raj drone estimate in line with the Nekitamo and Spf33 estimates and put the BBdrone into the 120 foot range.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 03:43:54 AM by Douglas »

Offline onthefence

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
Just a note that a Wiki page has been created to summarise the findings of the BB drone size. Please check it out and edit/add to it:

http://droneteam.com/mediawiki/index.php/BB_size

I tried keeping my emotions out of it, haha!

The Leviathan

Measurements of the Big Basin Drone based on the criteria of the Concrete floor in the Inventory Photo.  From the L E V I A T H A N Blog.  For archival reasons.
L E V I A T H A N

Offline EVS

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
Hi Leviathan,

As I see your very extended work, it shows the similarities between the BB drone and the "Inventory" photo, right?

As I se it, this shows that the Big Basin drone is now very close to be of the same nature as the one in the "Inventory Photo"!

Thank you for the great work, Leviathan, and if anyone here has a comment please post!

EVS
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 07:17:12 PM by EVS »