Author Topic: Ted Connors - Alabama  (Read 146737 times)

Offline Ipsy

• Senior Dronie
Re: Ted Connors - Alabama
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2010, 10:54:50 PM »
Thanks Ted for clarifying that!

As I continue to think about it, I have more questions.

1) You mentioned that the surveillance equipment you were using would not have been able to capture the drone due to it's orientation in relation to the horizon. Surely though, a place using such high tech surveillance would have other types of surveillance cameras. I would expect there to be some number of ordinary surveillance cameras around, possibly even other types of surveillance equipment besides cameras, motion detectors, other sensors, etc. Could any other equipment have captured evidence of the drone's presence?

2) I imagine, though that an ordinary surveillance camera would not be able to capture much in the dark, but do you think it's possible to have captured even a faint glimpse of something. Can you elaborate on what other types of surveillance equipment you use? I understand if you can't for security reasons, but it would be interesting to know.

3) Does your job allow you to review all of the surveillance data that you collect? Are you allowed to review recordings, or do you simply monitor the equipment and someone else analysis it?

4) I take it that your relationship with your employer is such that you would not feel comfortable discussing your sighting with them. Have you in fact discussed it with your superiors, or anyone else that you work with? What sort of reaction would you expect from them if you told them what you saw?

5) Perhaps the drone has appeared in the vicinity at other times when you weren't there. Times that may have been captured on tape. Do you think they would be willing to review, or allow you to review archive surveillance footage? Maybe the drone has appeared closer to the ground on another occasion where it could have been captured by the IR cameras.

6) What's your opinion of the nature of work that your employer does. I realize you can't divulge anything that might compromise your anonymity, or bring attention to your employer. But, do you think it's possible that they know about the drones? Could they secretly be aware of the drone activity or even involved with it?

Thanks again for all of your time and consideration in answering our questions!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 11:45:35 PM by Ipsy »

Offline ominoustruth

• Major Dronie
  • aka Ted Connors
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2010, 04:47:31 AM »
Thanks Ted for clarifying that!

As I continue to think about it, I have more questions.

1) You mentioned that the surveillance equipment you were using would not have been able to capture the drone due to it's orientation in relation to the horizon. Surely though, a place using such high tech surveillance would have other types of surveillance cameras. I would expect there to be some number of ordinary surveillance cameras around, possibly even other types of surveillance equipment besides cameras, motion detectors, other sensors, etc. Could any other equipment have captured evidence of the drone's presence?

2) I imagine, though that an ordinary surveillance camera would not be able to capture much in the dark, but do you think it's possible to have captured even a faint glimpse of something. Can you elaborate on what other types of surveillance equipment you use? I understand if you can't for security reasons, but it would be interesting to know.

3) Does your job allow you to review all of the surveillance data that you collect? Are you allowed to review recordings, or do you simply monitor the equipment and someone else analysis it?

4) I take it that your relationship with your employer is such that you would not feel comfortable discussing your sighting with them. Have you in fact discussed it with your superiors, or anyone else that you work with? What sort of reaction would you expect from them if you told them what you saw?

5) Perhaps the drone has appeared in the vicinity at other times when you weren't there. Times that may have been captured on tape. Do you think they would be willing to review, or allow you to review archive surveillance footage? Maybe the drone has appeared closer to the ground on another occasion where it could have been captured by the IR cameras.

6) What's your opinion of the nature of work that your employer does. I realize you can't divulge anything that might compromise your anonymity, or bring attention to your employer. But, do you think it's possible that they know about the drones? Could they secretly be aware of the drone activity or even involved with it?

Thanks again for all of your time and consideration in answering our questions!
Thanks for the questions.
1. The location of my sighting is in a remote area. There are only 2 cameras with coverage there. 1 is of the PTZ (Pan, Tilt, Zoom) type and the other is a Fixed Mount. Both of these are IR types. There are also other detection devices in the same area, but none were triggered during this event. All the devices were double checked after my sighting by my partner and myself and all were found to be in working order. I cannot go into detail on the nature of these devices, but will say they are of a Hi Tech nature.

2. You can refer to my answers in question 1. on this. I will add that at the time i thought we may have been able to capture something on this other equipment, but to my supprise there was nothing recorded.

3. The answer to this question is Yes. We have the authority to review all data collected on all equipment and document any extra comments that we feel need to be added.

4.The answer is Yes. At first i had some hesitation, but is my duty and responsibility to report ANYTHING that occurs during my duty shift. My partner also reported our actions of that morning even though he had no sighting of this craft himself. The reaction of my superior was one of thanks for reporting what i saw and documenting the incident. No other questions were asked and the subject was closed.

5. Good Question. I did not pursue that option with my superiors, but thinking back on it, i wish i had asked for further review.

6. At this time i cannot comment on that. I will say that due to the nature of our mission this incident deserves much further review.

Thank you again for your questions,                                                  Ted

Offline onthefence

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2010, 09:53:48 PM »
Regarding the basic shape of the drone that Ted sighted, I have been emailing Ted privately to collect enough details to put into one post. I asked Ted, "from your original interview with Linda, you mentioned that the object may have protruding antennae as in this paragraph from the original interview".

Quote from: Ted_original_interview
"It also looked like it had protruding antennae, but I couldn't tell.  They weren't very large, not much larger than the wires sticking from he  top. There were quite a few wires sticking out of this thing from the top."

I pointed Ted to the Raj and Isaac antennae sticking out from the two modules, and asked if it looked similar, Ted explains:

Quote from: ted_email
"... I only saw 2 antennae per module, but the same configuration of modules in the same location, ( The length looks about right) on the "front" ( i guess), of the craft."

Also, regarding the patterns on the bottom of the drone. Ted wrote this:

"All the symbols were on the "Fan Blade" tail of the drone."

"I just wish i could remember them all. Only a couple come back to me vividly. One looked like a half black circle with the capital letter L on it's side to the right of it. The other reminded me of a French Curl ruler like you get in a Compass and Protractor kit that we used in high school."

Ted found the French curve image on the Internet and forwarded it to me. He also pointed out the following symbols which he recognized. From all of this I made the composite image which Ted agreed looked like what he saw:

Offline ominoustruth

• Major Dronie
  • aka Ted Connors
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2010, 03:28:42 AM »
Thanks, "onthefence". My deepest gratitude for giving life to my description of this craft. It is the picture i tried to take and never got. Finally i can show this and say " Here is exactly what i saw" !!!! Thank you for the hours of hard work i know you have spent on this.  Every piece of this puzzle brings me one step closer to resolving this for myself and hopefully helping others who have had this amazing and in some cases frightening experience.

Thanks, Ted

Offline Ipsy

• Senior Dronie
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2010, 06:55:11 PM »
Thank you Ted, for answering my questions! I'm very busy at the moment, but when I have time to continue thinking about it, I'm sure I can think of a few more questions. Thanks!!

Offline HPO

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #1
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2010, 09:05:48 PM »
Thanks, "onthefence". My deepest gratitude for giving life to my description of this craft. It is the picture i tried to take and never got. Finally i can show this and say " Here is exactly what i saw" !!!! Thank you for the hours of hard work i know you have spent on this.  Every piece of this puzzle brings me one step closer to resolving this for myself and hopefully helping others who have had this amazing and in some cases frightening experience.

Thanks, Ted

Hello Ted,

First of all welcome to this forum Ted, good to have you here.
As a completion to the great photoshop image from onthefence, please find below a download link to a zip file which contains a 3D pdf file of the drone you saw, I've modelled it after the composite image from onthefence.

You need an updated version of acrobat reader to view this file, you can rotate the model when pressing and holding the left mouse button and move the mouse.
To zoom in and out you have to scroll the mouse-wheel up and down.
This viewer can be slow on some computers, (long loading times and hard for the videocard) I'm sorry if it is.

Example image below

Download link: http://www.hpaymans.demon.nl/Dronetest/Ted%20Conners%20drone%2006-25-2007.zip

I hope this gives even more life to your description of the craft.

-HPO-

Offline ominoustruth

• Major Dronie
  • aka Ted Connors
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2010, 09:20:25 PM »

Thanks, Ted

Hello Ted,

First of all welcome to this forum Ted, good to have you here.
As a completion to the great photoshop image from onthefence, please find below a download link to a zip file which contains a 3D pdf file of the drone you saw, I've modelled it after the composite image from onthefence.

You need an updated version of acrobat reader to view this file, you can rotate the model when pressing and holding the left mouse button and move the mouse.
To zoom in and out you have to scroll the mouse-wheel up and down.
This viewer can be slow on some computers, (long loading times and hard for the videocard) I'm sorry if it is.

Example image below

Download link: http://www.hpaymans.demon.nl/Dronetest/Ted%20Conners%20drone%2006-25-2007.zip

I hope this gives even more life to your description of the craft.

-HPO-
Thanks HPO. Awesome Job. Really Nice Rendering. Yes it does give life to it!!!

Thanks, Ted

Offline algae

• Senior Dronie
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2010, 11:06:22 PM »
Ted found the French curve image on the Internet and forwarded it to me. He also pointed out the following symbols which he recognized. From all of this I made the composite image which Ted agreed looked like what he saw:

This was NOT the French curve Ted saw?

Offline ominoustruth

• Major Dronie
  • aka Ted Connors
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2010, 11:19:36 PM »

This was NOT the French curve Ted saw?

Due to the darkness of the morning, i could not make out detail such as your image shows, but the basic form reminded me of a "French Curve" as does your image. This could be the the image on the craft i saw. The basic design is for sure. The other symbols were very easy to make out. They were a black semi circle and what looked like a capital "L" laid on it's back.

Thanks, Ted

Offline guerande

• Full Dronie
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2010, 06:44:57 AM »
Hello Ted, nice to read you ! Just a question (maybe you answered yet, but I did'nt see it) :

You seem to fear your Superiors at work, I can understand it ... but,
don't you fear they are tracking you on the web ? With some details you're giving here,
it should'nt be so difficult to find the exact location , I think !
But maybe  I am completely wrong ?
Anyway, thanks for what you are doing : it's  a new life on this forum  !  :D

Offline ominoustruth

• Major Dronie
  • aka Ted Connors
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2010, 09:04:58 AM »
Hello Ted, nice to read you ! Just a question (maybe you answered yet, but I did'nt see it) :

You seem to fear your Superiors at work, I can understand it ... but,
don't you fear they are tracking you on the web ? With some details you're giving here,
it should'nt be so difficult to find the exact location , I think !
But maybe  I am completely wrong ?
Anyway, thanks for what you are doing : it's  a new life on this forum  !  :D
Hi and thanks for the questions. To answer your questions, No, i certainly don.t fear my superiors. I do respect my superiors and the mission we have. I very much enjoy my career and everyone i work with. I do not think they are tracking me, but if they are, fine, as part of my job involves doing the same and keeping others from doing that to us. Out of respect for my teammates, superiors and the dedication to our mission i will never divulge any information that would put any of that in Jeopardy. I want to see this Drone issue resolved, but not at the expense of my career or the importance of our mission. I am getting very close to retirement and in these hard economic times we all want to insure our ability to earn a living. I also have said that after i retire and it is legally possible i will give as much information as i have if it will help resolve this Drone issue. I do not think my superiors are directly involved in covering up this issue. As to what they know or don't know, i can only speculate. I have reasons to believe that they are as baffled by this event as i am. I hope this answers some of these questions for you and thanks again.                                  Ted

Offline onthefence

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2010, 12:51:11 AM »
Ted has defined the movement of the craft with these descriptive statements:
  • A Clear Image linked by a Stretched, Blurred Image to another Clear Image, almost like the transition of the starship Enterprise's transition to WARP speed on the old Star Trek tv show. The first image disappears as soon as the blurred image moves and stops leaving a clear image in a new location, in my sighting about four to five feet distance.
  • The two positions were only 4-5ft apart, the first and second positions overlap.
  • The Stretched, Blurred image was very transparent, almost like a ghost image.

Offline ominoustruth

• Major Dronie
  • aka Ted Connors
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2010, 01:40:48 AM »
Ted has defined the movement of the craft with these descriptive statements:
  • A Clear Image linked by a Stretched, Blurred Image to another Clear Image, almost like the transition of the starship Enterprise's transition to WARP speed on the old Star Trek tv show. The first image disappears as soon as the blurred image moves and stops leaving a clear image in a new location, in my sighting about four to five feet distance.
  • The two positions were only 4-5ft apart, the first and second positions overlap.
  • The Stretched, Blurred image was very transparent, almost like a ghost image.

Many thanks. This is exactly what i tried to describe in detail to LMH in my original interview.

Offline onthefence

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2010, 12:41:56 AM »
Ted,
After speaking with you some more on the phone, I think there are some important events in your case that have not yet been exposed. Thank you for giving me permission to bring these items into the public, and I hope that you can expand in your own words on these points:

1. During the time of your sighting, there was a lot of activity at the nearby Maxwell air force base, could you describe as much of that as possible?

2. Sometime after your sighting, you were visited by two men apparently from the military, could you describe what they wanted from you?

3. You were followed at night by a car when you traveled over 100 miles to another state. Can you describe how you knew you were being followed?

4. Your company was using a specific type of IR camera which the manufacturer later informed you had to be removed for a less capable camera. Can you explain any more details on this?

5. Even though no one had your telephone number regarding this drones case, a man called you by telephone about questioning you about the drones. Can you describe anything more about this?

I invite others here to ask Ted questions so that these events are recorded as accurately as possible.

It should also be noted, that Ted had not heard about the drones before contacting Linda in June 2007. Ted knew of Linda from other things that she did in the past.

Thank you!

Offline ominoustruth

• Major Dronie
  • aka Ted Connors
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2010, 05:28:13 AM »
Ted,
After speaking with you some more on the phone, I think there are some important events in your case that have not yet been exposed. Thank you for giving me permission to bring these items into the public, and I hope that you can expand in your own words on these points:

1. During the time of your sighting, there was a lot of activity at the nearby Maxwell air force base, could you describe as much of that as possible?

2. Sometime after your sighting, you were visited by two men apparently from the military, could you describe what they wanted from you?

3. You were followed at night by a car when you traveled over 100 miles to another state. Can you describe how you knew you were being followed?

4. Your company was using a specific type of IR camera which the manufacturer later informed you had to be removed for a less capable camera. Can you explain any more details on this?

5. Even though no one had your telephone number regarding this drones case, a man called you by telephone about questioning you about the drones. Can you describe anything more about this?

I invite others here to ask Ted questions so that these events are recorded as accurately as possible.

It should also be noted, that Ted had not heard about the drones before contacting Linda in June 2007. Ted knew of Linda from other things that she did in the past.

Thank you!
A1. The week before my sighting, it was announced by the local news media that a US Air Force and US Army joint training exercise was to be held the following week beginning on the following Monday at Maxwell AFB. I thought it unusual since i have lived in Montgomery, Al. for 18 years and never remember any tactical exercises being held at Maxwell during that time. Maxwell AFB is the home of the AIR WAR UNIVERSITY and the 908th AIR TRANSPORT WING. The University trains USAF and NATO pilots in the theory and history of air warfare and the 908th air transport wing consists of a small fleet of C130 cargo aircraft for transporting materials around the world for the USAF. Maxwell AFB is certainly not what you would consider a TACTICAL base by any means. In fact it is a very low profile base and the only times i have ever seen any activity out of the ordinary is during the first NYC bombing and then again on Sept.11, 2001 when the base was on lockdown. But the week of my DRONE sighting was certainly different. Starting shortly after dark each evening from Monday through Thursday of that week the air was full of all kinds of aircraft including jet fighters and helicopters. This activity would cease around 2:00am each morning. On the morning of my DRONE sighting the activity had stopped at about 2:00am as well. I have no idea if these TACTICAL EXERCISES had anything to do with what i witnessed that morning but it just all seemed odd that these two events happened on the same week and during nightime. I made a call to MAXWELL AFB and spoke with an Information Officer shortly after my sighting but was told that the information on the exercise was classified and they could not discuss any of the details of the exercise. I have speculated for the past 3 years if this exercise had anything to do with my DRONE sighting but i am no closer to an answer today than i was then.

Thanks,  TED