Author Topic: Possible paths for Raj  (Read 15602 times)

Offline Nemo492

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
    • Ovnis-USA
Possible paths for Raj
« on: January 08, 2009, 04:11:57 PM »
I guess that many of you are trying to solve this one..
We also need Numbers to say what could be wrong with the different hypothesis.. Sorry for this rough test 1 :

http://ovnis-usa.com
The only motivation for the DRT is finding the truth.

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
Re: Possible paths for Raj
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 04:35:13 PM »
IMO this is not a possible path.  There is a fence that runs between the tracks and the apartments.  There are no gaps in it.  No repaired areas that I could identify.  There is a spot near bldg 522 where I could tell people had been using an electrical box as a way to climb over the fence to make a short cut to the light rail station.

The real problem with crossing the fence is it really does not help.  First it must be done on foot and second it does not reduce the distance to the pict 15 spot much.  IMO there are two possibilities now.  Raj used a vehicle such as a bike, car or motorcycle.  Or, the exif has been faked.  One thing to note, the apartment closest to the pict 13&14 spot did have a ten speed type bike on the patio.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 05:47:06 PM by 10538 »

Offline Arkhangels

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Dronie
  • ~~"Flying around"~~
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 05:30:24 PM »
Just for the record, now that Numbers confirmed the spots:

Nemo look close the #18, its some buildings before the 528.
Here's one image that you guys can use:

Regards
Ark

Whoooooo

Offline onthefence

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 05:44:16 PM »
On thing to note, the apartment closest to the pict 13&14 spot did have a ten speed type bike on the patio.

And, you mentioned a motorcycle parked in the parking lot of that same building (528).

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 06:01:52 PM »
I remember being surprised by how long it took me to make the run from the 13/14 spot to the gate (1,100 feet).  73 seconds works out pretty slow.   If I extrapolate it out it works out to about a 5:50 mile.  My little boy runs the mile about that same speed .  I guess I'm am old out of shape man but when I was running it I was making a pretty good clip.  Maybe I did not work the stopwatch correctly?  I am going to have one of my boys do a run and see how it works out.

Offline Arkhangels

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Dronie
  • ~~"Flying around"~~
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 02:07:17 AM »
I remember being surprised by how long it took me to make the run from the 13/14 spot to the gate (1,100 feet).  73 seconds works out pretty slow.   If I extrapolate it out it works out to about a 5:50 mile.  My little boy runs the mile about that same speed .  I guess I'm am old out of shape man but when I was running it I was making a pretty good clip.  Maybe I did not work the stopwatch correctly?  I am going to have one of my boys do a run and see how it works out.

;)
If you can, bring/rent/borrow a bicicle and ask them to do the run as well  :)

Whoooooo

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 05:35:49 PM »
I checked with my little boy who was on the high school freshman track team last year.  He says he can run the 400 meters (about equal to the Raj 13/14 to 15 distance) in just less than 60 seconds.  I think it's a given that unless Raj was a world class olympic track star, there is no way he could have made it on foot.  The world record for the 400 meters is 43 seconds.

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 06:58:22 PM »
If you can, bring/rent/borrow a bicicle and ask them to do the run as well  :)

I converted my boys time to speed and it comes out to about 15 mph.  Unless I mad a mistake in my math, the Raj run would need to be done at an average speed of  about 21 miles per hour.

I found this on a bicycling website:
Typical speeds for bicycles are 16 to 32 km/h (10 to 20 mph). On a fast racing bicycle, a reasonably fit rider can ride at 50 km/h (30 mph) on flat ground for short periods. The highest speed ever officially recorded for any human-powered vehicle on level ground and with calm winds without external aids (such as motor pacing and wind-blocks) is 130.36 km/h (81.00 mph). That record was set in 2002 by Canadian Sam Whittingham with the Varna Diablo II, a highly aerodynamic recumbent bicycle. Kilometre per hour (American spelling: kilometer per hour) is a unit of both speed (scalar) and velocity (vector). ... Miles per hour is a unit of speed, expressing the number of international miles covered per hour. ... An aluminum racing bicycle made by Raleigh and built using Shimano components. ... Three human powered vehicles: the Gossamer Albatross II and two bicycles. ... Sam Whittingham and his Varna Diablo Sam Whittingham is a Canadian cyclist who has held several world records on recumbent bicycles. ...

IMO, a car or motorbike are also valid possibilities.

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 03:15:19 AM »
Having time to think about this some.  I think that if the photos are legit, the most likely thing that was done was Raj was standing in the parking lot, in the second space actually.  He takes pics 13 & 14, then jumps into his car (parked in the first space right next to where he was standing) drives at high speed through the parking lot, parks on Kennedy (this is why he seems to over run the pict 15 photo) jumps out of the car and takes Pict15.

Offline Nemo492

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
    • Ovnis-USA
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 03:39:19 AM »
Could someone explain me why he would have possibly modified the timing within the exif ?
http://ovnis-usa.com
The only motivation for the DRT is finding the truth.

Offline onthefence

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 04:15:29 AM »
Could someone explain me why he would have possibly modified the timing within the exif ?

If we assume it is a hoax:
  • He takes 6 focused pictures of the sky while walking slowly about the area.
  • Pastes drones into the pictures.
  • Arranges the pictures to tell a story, drone come in from far away, drone goes over pole, drone leaves.
  • Then he has to alter the EXIF to look like the pictures where taken in the nice sequence, only the time in minutes and seconds needs to be changed, and that is easily done with a hex editor, no special EXIF editor required.

However, I pointed out before that the time of the photos matches the free time when no train was crossing the tracks that "Raj" had to cross.

Also, note that the the name of the pictures PICT16.JPG (two digits) are different than the names of pictures from that camera PICT0001.JPG (4 digits). So apparently the picture was renamed. This could have been renamed by Raj to remove silly zeroes preceding the numbers.

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 04:20:05 AM »
He would have miscalculated how long it would take to make the run.  Also remember the naming convention is usually altered by pic downloading software.  Also if the crossing arms are not down that means no train is coming.  If you are driving there is no stop sign either.

Offline nekitamo

• Administrator
  • Major Dronie
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 07:29:56 AM »
Also, note that the the name of the pictures PICT16.JPG (two digits) are different than the names of pictures from that camera PICT0001.JPG (4 digits). So apparently the picture was renamed. This could have been renamed by Raj to remove silly zeroes preceding the numbers.

I was wondering why Raj's images at this site have short names. I have an archive file from 2007 containing Raj's images with correct PICT00XX naming, not sure where I got it but it was soon after Raj's flickr account was upgraded. Also, I seem to remember an early discussion about this on OMF (I think) when it was concluded that such file names are consistent with DimageX.

But spf33 should know best about this, he probably downloaded Raj's images right after flickr upgrade?

Edit to add link: http://lucianarchy.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=cali1&action=display&thread=2018&page=31#65093
Also found the archive: http://www.divshare.com/download/838310-91a
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 08:46:45 AM by nekitamo »

Offline spf33

• Administrator
  • Major Dronie
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 04:18:10 PM »
yeah, the original high res flicker images are named

PICT0013.jpg
PICT0014.jpg
PICT0015.jpg
PICT0016.jpg
PICT0017.jpg
PICT0018.jpg

not sure why drt has versions without the leading zeros?

Offline elevenaugust

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
  • א ב ג ד ה ו ז ח ט י כ ך ל מ ם נ ן ס ע פ ף צ ץ ק ר
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 05:27:09 PM »
not sure why drt has versions without the leading zeros?
Mine are the same as yours.
IPACO, the new tool for photo and video analysis is on-line! www.ipaco.fr