Author Topic: Campbell Area leads  (Read 8380 times)

Offline onthefence

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
Campbell Area leads
« on: January 01, 2009, 10:33:21 PM »
There are many avenues to examine in the Campbell area. Two assumptions can be made; hoax, real.
If it is a hoax, then we can look for:
  • CG businesses in the area (thanks spf33 for that idea)
  • License plates of cars parked in the area (thanks PIs for that idea), might trace to a CG person

If it is real, 10538 mentioned to me to that a Technology Center exists across Highway 17. A company, MorphICs Technology, Inc. (now Infineon) exists in a place close to where the drone came from and went to PICT13 & 18 (across the highway).

This company specialize in "wireless basestations" among other electronic communications things:
http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=31724

They presidents name sounds similar to Raj's:
  Dr. Ravi Subramanian

If the drone was made visible, it would likely be done with a transmitter sending out odd signals, and this place would likely be testing such transmitters! Maybe they forgot to close the Faraday cage door on May 16 2007 during some microwave transmissions.

I put little confidence in this lead, but I thought it should be recorded.

Are there other possibilities of leads in that area that we can investigate (hoax/real)?

Offline HPO

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #1
Re: Campbell Area leads
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 11:14:45 PM »
Maybe it's a lead to know the construction date or "conversion" date (like adding new buildings and painting) of some of the buildings in the apartment complex.
Because in the Raj pictures they appear to be white.

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 11:39:58 PM »
Hi HPO,

The apartments have been repainted in the last year and a half.  There is no doubt this is the place.

Online elevenaugust

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
  • א ב ג ד ה ו ז ח ט י כ ך ל מ ם נ ן ס ע פ ף צ ץ ק ר
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 11:41:46 PM »
Have you any new idea, Numbers, about the trees?
IPACO, the new tool for photo and video analysis is on-line! www.ipaco.fr

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 11:46:08 PM »
Have you any new idea, Numbers, about the trees?

Yep.  Same idea as yesterday.  The likely trees are outlined in red.

This is only one possibility but I believe it is a strong one.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 11:48:29 PM by 10538 »

Offline Diouf

• Administrator
  • Major Dronie
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 03:10:46 PM »
Does Frank know if the LA Times is widely read among the inhabitants?

(Even though the paper mentionned Capitola)

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 05:26:51 PM »
Does Frank know if the LA Times is widely read among the inhabitants?

(Even though the paper mentionned Capitola)

Frank told me the most common newspaper in Campbell is the San Jose Mercury News.  The LA Times would be very rare there.

Offline nekitamo

• Administrator
  • Major Dronie
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 11:10:29 AM »
Not sure if this is of any importance, but I was intrigued with this wireless antenna on building #528 so I tried to estimate where it points to - came up with this as an extreme useful range target for this type of antenna:

However, its target could be anywhere around yellow line on the map. Such link could be used for many purposes: for commercial internet access, access to some local wireless community network, some distant public internet access point - or even illegal internet access over somebody else's wireless equipment (fits hoaxer mentality).

Offline dixonf

• Full Dronie
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 12:26:44 PM »
I should have mentioned the wreless antena in my emails when I sent the photo's. For some reason they were having poor cell phone reception in that building. One of the occupans purchased the antena. I have one at my place. No direction is needed, if in fact that is the antena he was talking about...... 

Offline Avalon

• Junior Dronie
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 11:50:30 PM »
Not sure if this is of any importance, but I was intrigued with this wireless antenna on building #528 so I tried to estimate where it points to - came up with this as an extreme useful range target for this type of antenna:

However, its target could be anywhere around yellow line on the map. Such link could be used for many purposes: for commercial internet access, access to some local wireless community network, some distant public internet access point - or even illegal internet access over somebody else's wireless equipment (fits hoaxer mentality).

I don't suspect that the wireless antenna is anything more than internet. But your idea about its directionality is correct. It points to the Pruneyard buildings, which I believe are the tallest buildings in the city. Of course San Jose nearby has taller ones.

Offline nekitamo

• Administrator
  • Major Dronie
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 02:05:26 PM »
Maybe it's too much to ask if you're not familiar with wireless networks, but perhaps we could gather something useful from a wireless scan of the area, that is if you own some portable computer with a 802.11b/g wireless card?

Here's a suggestion of software that you could use, pc and pocket pc version:
http://www.netstumbler.com/downloads/

And this is in case you own a mac:
http://istumbler.net/index.html

These are simple programs and they only detect presence of access points in the open, free-for-all frequency bands, so you won't be invading anyone's privacy (no eavesdropping on communication involved).

Offline Avalon

• Junior Dronie
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 11:56:05 PM »
Maybe it's too much to ask if you're not familiar with wireless networks, but perhaps we could gather something useful from a wireless scan of the area, that is if you own some portable computer with a 802.11b/g wireless card?

Here's a suggestion of software that you could use, pc and pocket pc version:
http://www.netstumbler.com/downloads/

And this is in case you own a mac:
http://istumbler.net/index.html

These are simple programs and they only detect presence of access points in the open, free-for-all frequency bands, so you won't be invading anyone's privacy (no eavesdropping on communication involved).

I'm open to this possibility, but I am using my fiances computer. So I'll have to run it by her. Also, it may be too much to ask as I am not familiar with wireless networks because I am completely computer stupid. I know how to posts on forums, of which I do a lot of. That being said, I have looked at other wireless networks that are being used in this complex and I passed on the little I could glean from doing so to 10538.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 11:58:17 PM by Avalon »