Author Topic: I'm from Campbell Avalon  (Read 10368 times)

Offline Avalon

• Junior Dronie
I'm from Campbell Avalon
« on: February 18, 2009, 10:12:48 PM »
Well, I got the flier on my Door. I had seen pictures of the craft before on UFO hunters (an awful show), but never realized how close to home it was. Very interesting. I tend to believe it is a computerized graphic hoax, but it is nonetheless an intriguing mystery so I thought I would try to provide any insight that might be able to help with the investigation.

I've read a little bit about the research and here is what I can add in respects to my living in Campbell Avalon. First of all, the apartment is kind of gated. There are only three ways to exit it. When I saw his first picture my first gut instict is that picture was taken just over the main front drive in entrance. He would have had to have left one of the three exits (one of which requires a key just to leave and doesn't lead to Kennedy ave, so that one is out I think). The fences are too tall to jump, at least on the sides that face Kennedy ave.

My dog pees on pole number 15 all the time! It is right next to some unmarked storage units, I don't know if that is of interest. I looked at some of the busineses there, but not very thoroughly, as I drove to work today. Their is something called like Hydrophonics pretty close to pole 15. But anyway, nothing looked particularly suspicous around it.

Finally, I looked at the wireless antenna this morning. I suspect it is just for internet. That being said, it points directly to the pruneyard buildings which are the highest buildings in Campbell. And for a long time they were the tallest buildings all the way from campbell until you reached LA. Which is an interesting observation, because they are the only thing that remotely gives Campbell a sky line. Anyone that was driving down winchester ave on that particularly sunny day when the craft was supposedly hovering over the pole in Kennedy ave, likely would have had their visual attention drawn to the skyline which was the pruneyard buildings and the Campbell water tower which the craft would have been between.

Anyway, I'll be looking around the apartment and trying to determine where the picture was actually taken from, but I have a gut instinct about where the photo was taken.

If anyone has any questions about the local lay out I'll be happy to answer.

Offline Avalon

• Junior Dronie
Raj's marriage
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 11:21:35 PM »
An investigatory idea as well: So Raj, if he is even real, was recently engaged in 2007. Presumably he got married anywhere from 6 months to a year and a half after that. Now if he was infact in Campbell when he got married, a lot of people end up having their pictures taken and put into the San Jose Mercury news. Someone may want to do a review of all the SJ Mercury Marriage announcements between 2007 and 2009 and see if they can find the Announcement of someone named Raj who was married.

Offline nekitamo

• Administrator
  • Major Dronie
Re: I'm from Campbell Avalon
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 11:22:46 PM »
Welcome, Avalon!
Thank you for coming here and offering your help!

If you don't mind, can you tell us how long you live there? And, in your experience, how hard would it be for someone not actually a resident to enter the complex and take those images without being noticed (on a weekday afternoon)?

Offline Avalon

• Junior Dronie
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 11:35:43 PM »
I've lived in the campbell area my entire life, but I've lived in Avalon for about 6 months.

They wouldn't have a problem at all walking in. When I said "kind of gated" emphasis should be placed on "kind of." The front gates are always open, except after maybe 7 pm.

However, my suspicion is that Raj lived in the Avalon apartments. Unlike the implication in his post that he was in his future parent-in-laws backyard, there aren't a lot of backyards nearby from which to emerge chasing a craft all the way to the avalon apartments. In fact some of the closer houses on Kennedy ave...if I recall during walks with My Dad, weren't even sold until 2008ish. They were built but left unsold for a long time. But I think I will explore the local neighborhoods a little more when I get a chance to see if there is a location from which it makes sense that he may have seen something and ran from said place to take picture over the Avalon apartments.

Offline Avalon

• Junior Dronie
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 05:31:11 AM »
Well I just got back from a walk with my dog, and the spot I thought was the place the picture was taken from....is probably wrong :'(

In Raj's picture, it appears that the roof is flat. All roofs in Avalon with a drainage pipe however are convexed. That does not mean that Raj didn't take the picture in Avalon, it just means that he was very close to building when he took the picture so that the convexed part of the roof was not in view. I have yet to find a drainage pipe however where it is easy to take a picture in that way. But I'll keep looking.

Also, presuming that the only thing Raj lied about was A) the location and B) that he was in a house and not an apartment, then when he said he was on a backyard porch, he would have likely been referring to Avalon's rather spacious apartment patios. When someone finds the drainage pipe that ended up in one of his pictures, it wouldn't be too hard to narrow it down to about 20 or so apartments...I'm hoping.

Offline HPO

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #1
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 11:47:24 AM »
Hi Avalon, welcome to the forum, your contribution is appreciated and you made me laugh when you wrote your dog pees on pole 15 all the time  :D

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 06:02:56 PM »
Avalon,

We have known since Jan 7 exactly where all of the photos were taken.
I just put more of the investigation threads up and organized them all into this new section.  Go check these newly released threads and you'll see the pics originate from building 528.

Early on we had hoped that at least one of the pics would point directly to one house or apartment.  I thought that the first two may have been taken from an apartment patio but that turned out not to be the case.  The first two pics were taken from the parking lot at the corner of building 528, the second parking space to be exact.

Offline elevenaugust

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
  • א ב ג ד ה ו ז ח ט י כ ך ל מ ם נ ן ס ע פ ף צ ץ ק ר
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 06:16:46 PM »
Avalon, here's the exact situation for each one of the photographs:

IPACO, the new tool for photo and video analysis is on-line! www.ipaco.fr

Offline Avalon

• Junior Dronie
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 08:11:18 PM »
You guys are incredible. Yeah, I had actually started to suspect that was where 13 and 14 might have been taken. People must of thought I was peeping tom these past couple of days because I was looking at all the drainage pipes but it might have well as been looking through their windows. Anyway, I wish I knew how to copy and paste google earth pictures, because it gives me a suspicion as to where he might live. He wrote that the craft took off and he thought it was gone until he noticed it was still visible and snapped picture 18. Where picture 18 was snapped was on this little back path in the apartment complex that only two types of people ever walk on, A) people that are taking their dogs out for potty breaks, and people who's apartments face that direction. No one else uses that path because otherwise it is just a circuitous, indirect route. But the only thing that makes me question it is I don't understand why he would have snapped numbers 13 and 14 from that spot.

Anyway, how did his pictures become numbered 13 and up...was his first picture the 13th picture to be taken?

Anyway, I feel like an awful airport racial profiler today. I was looking up at a drainage pipe on building 528 when a guy came down the steps right where the top of the red four on the fourteen is in that picture. It was an Indian guy, about 35 to 40, and he had a badge clipped to his belt. I tried to read it and he gave me a weird look. Probably not Raj but for a moment I thought I had cracked the case!!! ;D

And one last suggestion (but after seeing how effectively you all work together, I'm not sure any of you need suggestions!): The aparment complex has a trail parallel to it called "The Los Gatos Park Creek Trail." However a mobile home park seperates the complex from the trail where pic 18 was taken. On a sunny May day at 5 pm, that popular trail has at least 50 people walking around the two mile loop. There is no doubt in my mind that one or more of those pictures and especially pic 18 would have been visible to people on that trail. The popular starting point of that trail can be accessed just off of campbell Ave, and their is a Kiosk there. I would suggest putting a flier there. If no one lives close by I might be able to do it for you guys. I just can't let anyone I know see me do it or I will be forever teased by friends and My fiance for contributing in anyway to a UFO investigation. ;D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 08:35:44 PM by Avalon »

Offline MarsAve

• Full Dronie
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 11:14:35 PM »
To Avalon,
Welcome; ;D

very interesting you joined the DRT website - I wonder if anybody else from your complex has paid any attention this mysterious case.

Also, my congratulations to the DRT and the 2 main private investigators. Well Done......this can be a book someday! Maybe a movie!

Do you know of anybody else in the complex who is interested in this subject and would you consider a community meeting at the clubhouse to discuss, if....people were interested.

MarsAve( I am local SJ area too)

Offline majicbar

• Major Dronie
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 09:11:58 PM »
Avalon, if you need to copy the screen images of your Google searches, one way to do it is use the E-mail option on the toolbar.

Offline Arkhangels

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Dronie
  • ~~"Flying around"~~
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 04:59:49 AM »
I think its interesting to repost this here:

And the video of a ball running the path in 43 sec.:

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=19qmo0&s=5

Regards
Ark

Whoooooo

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2009, 06:34:03 PM »
Hi Ark,

The 43 second video would be for a driven vehicle.  If running, Raj would not have taken that path but would have run directly between the buildings and the wall that separates from the light rail tracks.  There is a long and wide path there.  That is the path I took when I ran the course myself.  It took me one whole minute to run from the pic 13/14 location in the parking lot to the entry to the apartments at the rail crossing.  I about went into cardiac arrest doing it but I'm an old geezer and pretty much out of shape.  Raj possibly could have jumped the wall at the light rail station.  I saw where people had been using a ground based electrical transformer for that task.  He also may have made a short cut at the auto parts store but when I was there it was closed off.  That may have changed at some point. 

But as was stated earlier, the most probable scenario if the Raj drone sighting was real is that Raj used some kind of vehicle and his report of running through the streets was false.

Offline mgrandin

• Full Dronie
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 04:34:39 AM »
Thanks for splendid animations Arkhangels and investigation works and analysis from Avalon, 11A, 10538
and all of you. 

I have not studied this very closely but rely on your judgements. But I guess very much more could be concluded from this material - and of course up to
100% clarified if hoax or reality after further picture analysis.

I think already the fact the snapshots are in correct sequence and at least within possible timing between
watching points reveals:  It is either reality or was meant as a  hoax where the actual place Campbel was originally intended being mentioned.

So if a hoax they had changed their minds afterwards and selected Capitola instead.  So in the hoax case, they have at least taken utmost care of realistic timing.
They cannot have run at unnecessarily high speed along a faking path.  Maybe they had gone by bike or something and planned mention that in original concept for Campbell.

But I think that high speed running matches a young excited guy in that situation.  Maybe even 10538 had run at that speed in that situation - If anyone he had done it   :D

Offline Arkhangels

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Dronie
  • ~~"Flying around"~~
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2009, 03:44:19 AM »
You are right Numbers, but you can think a bicicle (like mgrandin said) or a motorbike to run the path in 43 sec...
and thanks mgrandin  ;) ...

Anyway there are two hoax situations that bugs me, about the timing:

1 - The timing is real:
The hoaxer took the picture #14 of a blank sky and then ran like a crazy, or drove, or whatever, to location #15 in 43 secs, what is pretty fast, to take another blank picture, to add the virtual or real model in those pictures afterwards. Strange...
    1.1:  the hoaxer is lazy, he didn't know exactly where he would take the pictures of the sequence, so he just ran to the most probable way, the main gate of the Avalon complex, and then he saw the pole and trees and thought "hey, this street will give me a good challenge to match the drone lightning, i'll take some pictures of it"... all in 43 secs. The hoaxer then, after taking several pictures #17s, was returning to his apartment when suddenly thought "hey, why not take a picture (#18), between those trees, it will give a nice image!". This is in the case of a lazy hoaxer (but good with CGI or modeling), that lives in the Avalon.
    1.2:  the hoaxer is almost the serial killer of the hoax world, he thinks in all the details, trying to create the perfect crime, or hoax. He sits on his bedroom chair and previously plans how many pictures he will take and the possible path he will run for those shots. Later, he walks in the streets around the Avalon complex before, he looks some buildings of the place itself, the landscape, etc, and decide exactly the spots where to shot the blank photos. Then, in the planned day, he stands in front of the building 528 and set his watch chronometer to 00:00. He holds the camera, zoom it, shot, press the watch button, then run (or takes his cycle, bike or car) to the #15 location as fast as he can to take the next picture. He had previously run that path so he could foresee the timing of it. He also planned that he would return to the Avalon complex to take a last picture (#18) so people when studying his path would think that either he lives in the Avalon complex or/and the photos were really the work of an excited photographer of an incredible UFO, after all, "who would return all the way to the avalon complex just to take one last shot?". Later in his computer he made the compositions with his virtual or real model.

2 - The timing is not real:
The hoaxer shot the blank photos (despite the fact that he previously planned the locations or not, or if he lives or not in one of the Avalon apts., in resume doesnt matter if he is the lazy hoaxer of 1.1 or the skilled of 1.2).... and later on his computer he altered the EXIF files with a time stamp lapse that appeared possible according to the distance between the locations, and the real time when he took the photos(to later match the sun lightining of the drone, this digitally inserted). He used the same EXIF program to erase the traces of digital manipulation.

-----------------

I don't know, I get a strange feeling reading what i wrote above. Can't explain though.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 04:25:49 AM by Arkhangels »

Whoooooo