Author Topic: I'm from Campbell Avalon  (Read 10447 times)

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
Re: I'm from Campbell Avalon
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 04:36:28 PM »
But I think that high speed running matches a young excited guy in that situation.  Maybe even 10538 had run at that speed in that situation - If anyone he had done it   :D

I concluded that if Raj had indeed ran the course as he said then he should be signed up to run in the Olympics.  I have heard of people, when faced with a life threatening situation, acquiring super human strength and abilities like single handedly lifting cars.  Who knows?  This may have played a part.  But I got to tell you that when I was running the course, I was coming up to the rail crossing and I began to lose my breath, I was surprised when I looked down at the watch and more than 43 seconds had already ticked off.   :P

Offline mgrandin

• Full Dronie
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »
But I think that high speed running matches a young excited guy in that situation.  Maybe even 10538 had run at that speed in that situation - If anyone he had done it   :D

I concluded that if Raj had indeed ran the course as he said then he should be signed up to run in the Olympics.  I have heard of people, when faced with a life threatening situation, acquiring super human strength and abilities like single handedly lifting cars.  Who knows?  This may have played a part.  But I got to tell you that when I was running the course, I was coming up to the rail crossing and I began to lose my breath, I was surprised when I looked down at the watch and more than 43 seconds had already ticked off.   :P

My impression, from hastily read posts here,  was that you 10538 ran the distance on appr 60 sec while 43 sec for Raj.  That was the only comparing measure I used. So if a not very good runner (you said it yourself!) use 60 sec then 43 sec is reasonable for a "better trained" - although added time for photographing may make it very unlikely. 

Obviously I hadn´t studied the background material sufficiently
well.    :(

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 05:46:30 PM »
The real problem is that even after one minute of running I had only made it to the crossing and not the next photo location.   We already figured it out that Raj would have had to be faster than an Olympic runner to do what he supposedly did.  It takes the fastest men in the world to run that distance in that time and that not even taking into account working the camera.  The only variable I see is that he possibly took a short cut by jumping the wall and cutting through the auto parts store.  That may shave off a few seconds and also explain why the pic 15 location is past the drone.