Author Topic: "Birmingham AL" site is located in Cochran GA  (Read 13459 times)

Offline onthefence

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
"Birmingham AL" site is located in Cochran GA
« on: December 27, 2009, 04:51:10 AM »
The Birmingham AL drone "sighting" site is located in Cochran GA.

Here is the original submission:

Offline majicbar

• Major Dronie
Re: "Birmingham AL" site is located in Cochran GA
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 09:25:39 PM »
Location is at 32.259914N, 83.467067W, this is about 140 miles SE of Atlanta, Ga, 37 miles SE of Macon, Ga and 18 miles SE of Warner Robins Air Force Base.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robins_Air_Force_Base

http://www.robins.af.mil

One of the specialties of WRAFB is Electronic Warfare (EW).

Warner-Robins Electronic Warfare (EW) activities play major role in Lifecycle Management Group

http://www.robins.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123182788

Were the "drones" real they potentially would play some role in Electronic Intelligence (ELINT) which would fall under the purview of EW as well. The proximity of the "sighting" given its real location and the proximity to WRAFB does raise some questions in regards to an active Disinfomation campaign by AFOSI or "black -ops" group.

Offline onthefence

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 03:49:15 PM »
After responding to the Leviathan blog (now removed), an email message from Indrid leimas <leviathan_comes@yahoo.com> to me in April 2008 contained a "Received: from"  IP address that traced back to Cochran GA.

It was a recent statement from Leviathan-lookalike Masker33 on UFOCaseBook that taunted me to dig deeper:
It was really quite easy, but maybe you should send it to LMH.

Other points about the Birmingham case:
  • Someone else showed a link in Nov 2007 after the DarknessComes video was released on the Leviathan Youtube channel (now removed).
  • It should be noted that two previous "eye-witnesses" (names withheld, stories not released) both identified the "Birmingham" drone as the one that they saw. I emailed them a composite of all drone images to choose from. I had talked to both on the telephone.
  • Also, from the Barksdale AFB drone sighting:
    In 1987, an eyewitness touring a Barksdale AFB air show saw a dragonfly-shaped craft in a hangar that was very similar to what the Birmingham, Alabama, ...
  • Also, from the Ned White drone sighting:
    DID YOU LOOK AT THE BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA, PHOTOGRAPH? ... Yes, and that one looks more like it (what I saw) ...

The conclusions are for you to draw.

Offline Nemo492

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
    • Ovnis-USA
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 03:05:52 AM »
It seems to me that the open debate is totally missing the occasion to ask Lev/Maskers why he decided to forge a story, while he seemed to support the whole drone affair.

Some people may not realize that he is the guy living in Cochran, GA...
http://ovnis-usa.com
The only motivation for the DRT is finding the truth.

Offline nekitamo

• Administrator
  • Major Dronie
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 08:31:41 AM »
After checking in other forums, there seems to be some misunderstanding about this latest development with the "Alabama" drone. Maybe due to the way it was presented, I think some of the people figured that we're hinting Lev is responsible for the entire drones case - which is certainly not true. Perhaps we should clarify on this point a bit more...

IMO, Lev has nothing to do with the "real" drones. His 3D creations are completely different in style, technique, level of details, etc. and generally quite inferior compared to the "real" ones. Each time he tried to reproduce some of the original images, he failed and deviated significantly from the original design - somehow, it is as if he can't keep his attention long enough to do it properly. He manages to match the basic shape, but then his fantasy kicks in and he starts to "accessorize" - in his distinctive, kind of old-fashioned and tacky, steam-punkish style...

What I figured from his posts, Lev was fascinated with the "original" drones, he was in complete awe and wanted to support the case somehow, maybe even become a part of it. Asocial as he is, he did what he knew best - he "intruded" the case with his creations, and forced himself "inside". I believe that's the main reason why he sometimes sounded so proud and self-important and maybe even why he insisted on being a part of the larger "group" - IMO, a self-delusion, nothing more.

Offline Ipsy

• Senior Dronie
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 06:10:17 PM »
So Nekitamo, just to clarify, what exactly do you believe is the significance of the coincidence that Lev's email was traced back to Cochran GA, which is now known to be the location of the deliberately falsified Birmingham AL sighting?

Do you believe Lev made those photos, and therefore hoaxed the Mr Smith sighting in order to become a part of this drama? Although I've always felt that photo was remarkably different than the others it still appears to be higher quality than what I've come to expect from Lev.

And, if Lev did hoax that sighting, it would invalidate the points that majicbar and onthefence brought up. ie: The proximity of Cochran GA to WRAFB (just a coincidence), and the other witness testimony identifying the Birmingham AL photo (Simple misidentification in both cases? Lev is also the other witnesses?).

I agree with your assessment that Lev was simply fascinated with the case, and his personality and strong desire to be a part of it allowed him to insert himself into the story. I can buy that. The quality of the california photos is far removed from what we've seen from Lev, so I also agree that it's incredibly unlikely that Lev hoaxed the entire thing. But if this part is false, what does that say about the Barksdale AFB witness and the Ned White witness? And, to what extent does Lev's alleged involvement impact other aspects of the case?

Finally, if Lev is not responsible for the Birmingham photos, then Lev's email tracing back to Cochran GA is quiet a coincidence. What is the possibility that Lev could be even remotely involved in a much wider misinformation campaign?

Either way, this is a significant discovery which once again raises more questions than it answers.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 06:15:08 PM by Ipsy »

Offline onthefence

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 06:57:44 PM »
..., and the other witness testimony identifying the Birmingham AL photo (Simple misidentification in both cases? Lev is also the other witnesses?).
As far as I can tell, the two other eye-witnesses are uniquely separate from Lev:
  • Both of their IP addresses and telephone numbers are not from the Cochran GA area.
  • Their stories and personalities were extremely different from anything presented by Lev.

A minor point about Mr. Smith's testimony. He incorrectly spells the word losing:
   "am afraid of loosing my job."
A common mistake, that may mean nothing.

Offline nekitamo

• Administrator
  • Major Dronie
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 12:08:33 AM »
So Nekitamo, just to clarify, what exactly do you believe is the significance of the coincidence that Lev's email was traced back to Cochran GA, which is now known to be the location of the deliberately falsified Birmingham AL sighting?

Do you believe Lev made those photos, and therefore hoaxed the Mr Smith sighting in order to become a part of this drama? Although I've always felt that photo was remarkably different than the others it still appears to be higher quality than what I've come to expect from Lev.

Well, after admitting that he already did it once ("tripod" case), I have no problem believing that he did it more than once and I find the coincidence that both Lev and "Mr. Smith" were traced to the same, relatively small town quite enough to consider it more than just a coincidence. I believe the PIs would call this "a solid lead" and connect the dots the same way I did without thinking twice. I mean, it's good to keep an open mind, but you also have to reach some conclusions every now and then in order to make some progress.

But it's not just that - both "Alabama" and "tripod" images are of similar, quite low resolution in order to hide imperfections - more than 10x lower than i.e. Raj's 2 megapixel images. Even so, IMO they practically scream "fake" from the first sight, whereas it took all kinds of sophisticated analysis to find flaws in Raj's case. I'd say that's two orders of magnitude difference in quality - or better said, completely out of the league.

And, if Lev did hoax that sighting, it would invalidate the points that majicbar and onthefence brought up. ie: The proximity of Cochran GA to WRAFB (just a coincidence), and the other witness testimony identifying the Birmingham AL photo (Simple misidentification in both cases? Lev is also the other witnesses?).

Actually, no one so far identified the "Alabama" drone as the exact thing they saw - each witness just noted that it was closer to what he saw than the rest of the drones. So it was basically something simpler than the original drones, but not exactly like one from "Alabama" - and IMO that's not enough to let it stick any more, not after this recent developments. As for the AFB - probably just a coincidence, I assume such bases are evenly distributed throughout the country.

By the way, it seems that the "construction site" element from Mr. Smiths story was real ("I was looking at some new construction..."). Here's a look at the poles location in Cochran, GA using Google Earth's "historic view" feature between Nov 7, 2005 and Dec 11, 2007:

You can notice that one of the trees (circled) behind the poles is missing in later image, and also one much bigger difference - the building behind the poles was obviously completely rebuilt in the meantime. I looked for the purpose of this building and found it to be a part of the Middle Georgia College campus (nr. 6 on this map) which was finished July 31, 2007. I didn't find when the construction started, but if it was later than May 2006 that's another dent in Mr. Smith's story... not to mention that, judging by the date when it was finished, it could have easily happened in May 2007, after the first mention of the drones.

Offline onthefence

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 12:20:29 AM »
To help everyone visualize the "missing tree":

Pole Location found by Radi on another forum.

Offline Douglas

• Hero Dronie #1
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 02:24:32 AM »
Notice that a heavy cable runs vertical from the trailer up to a Cable TV line, telephone or high speed internet on the pole.  I believe this truck and trailer are testing one of these at this site.  I have marked the run of both the cable from the truck and the run of the line from the pole.  IMO,  I don't think this has anything to do with the Drones.

Update from pole lines expert: Probably a cable TV or computer company checking their lines or looking for someone that is boot legging transmissions off their lines without paying for the services.  They get quite irate with people not paying for their services.  And, they would not want to advertise by putting a company name on their equipment.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 05:09:03 AM by Douglas »

Offline Ipsy

• Senior Dronie
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 04:54:41 PM »
Well, after admitting that he already did it once ("tripod" case), I have no problem believing that he did it more than once and I find the coincidence that both Lev and "Mr. Smith" were traced to the same, relatively small town quite enough to consider it more than just a coincidence. I believe the PIs would call this "a solid lead" and connect the dots the same way I did without thinking twice. I mean, it's good to keep an open mind, but you also have to reach some conclusions every now and then in order to make some progress.
Agreed.

But it's not just that - both "Alabama" and "tripod" images are of similar, quite low resolution in order to hide imperfections - more than 10x lower than i.e. Raj's 2 megapixel images. Even so, IMO they practically scream "fake" from the first sight, whereas it took all kinds of sophisticated analysis to find flaws in Raj's case. I'd say that's two orders of magnitude difference in quality - or better said, completely out of the league.
And agreed.

I'd really like to commend the investigators for such outstanding work. The results they've achieved to date are extraordinary. Despite the tremendous odds against solving this mystery, results like this give me confidence that the case could actually be solved one day. Great work!