Author Topic: Empire State building mural predates (1930) the CARET LAP drawings  (Read 315 times)

Offline onthefence

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
I was given this remarkable information by EVS. Murals made by Leif H. Neandross for the Empire State building in the 1930s bear a striking resemblance to the CARET case LAP drawings.

The ceiling is covered in this artwork:

See  this video:
 - Illuminated ceiling 0:15 mark
 - Upper floor ceiling 1:57 mark

The New York Times story:
  • Art Deco murals restored in 2009 from something covered since 1960s which opened in 1931.
  • Described as "star constellations and zodiac signs".
  • Originally designed by Leif H. Neandross ( died at 80 on May 19, 2006), about one year before the drones hit the scene.
  • Tri-colour (aluminum/gold/white) depiction just like seen on the drone craft side plates which are tri-coloured.

The slideshow photos in this NPR story shows work being done. You have to click on the < > buttons in the first photo. You can even see someone at a computer working on (or restoring) one of the murals.

See the Big Basin drone like panel behind the people, it is used to turn on some lights shown in this video.

Empire state ceiling decoration:

Empire state rug:

The similarities are striking to me. I will admit though that the above are not pictures from the 1930s, they were all taken after the drones case broke in 2007. Maybe someone else can find original pictures or testify that they saw this artwork in the Empire state building before the 1960s when the ceiling was covered up.

Maybe this is an original photo which you can click on and zoom in to see the ceiling:

References:

Offline onthefence

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
Re: Empire State building mural predates (1930) the CARET LAP drawings
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 07:58:36 pm »
To compare, I have removed all the lettering from the LAP drawing: