Author Topic: Can you believe it's been 10 years  (Read 186 times)

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
Can you believe it's been 10 years
« on: May 11, 2017, 04:33:28 am »
Hi everybody,

Just thought I'd check in to commemorate the 10 year anniversary of the Drone Saga.  Wanted to thank everybody for all the fun times we had back then.  What are all of you up to these days?  Do you still think about the Drones and Isaac?  I will actually be cruising by Raj and Chad's place this Sunday.  Not drone related.  I just live in the area and we like to visit Santa Cruz.  Got a relative there.

Offline onthefence

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
Re: Can you believe it's been 10 years
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 11:57:25 am »
Thanks for checking in.

It seems like it all started yesterday, and is still very fresh in my mind.

I saw lots of proof of BS and met lots of liars on the journey. All very good harmless lessons for me.

No one came forward to claim responsibility or show any proof of the original documents. Someone is pretty good at keeping secrets.

It was a fantastic jolt to the imagination trying to imagine how it could be real. I especially enjoyed imagining how RSR might work if it was real.

Have a fun trip. I'm sure you'll see lots of clear skies ;)

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 07:59:48 pm »
I saw lots of proof of BS and met lots of liars on the journey. All very good harmless lessons for me.

No one came forward to claim responsibility or show any proof of the original documents. Someone is pretty good at keeping secrets.

Looking back...

I remember standing at the Chad location with 11aug and realizing the location made no sense as a hoax.  I remember how upset the owner of the diner was when we showed him the pictures.  I remember how upset the guy who lived closest to the exact picture locations was when I began asking too many questions.

I think I learned a lot about possible disclosure and the effect it has on people. 

I am not really that disappointed that we never broke the case open.  I realize that had we done so would have meant dire consequences.  My biggest disappoint is that we had so much to learn from Isaac and pissed off the opportunity.

Offline zixibit

• Newbie Dronie
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 06:13:32 pm »
Thanks for the post, 10538. It is astonishing to reflect and realize that the first pictures of the drones were posted on CC2AM's site 10 years ago on May, 2007. Fiercely debated assertions and accusations soon ensued on OMF.  As many may recall, a very vocal faction nearly succeeded in convincing all that not only the drones themselves were a product of CGI, but the background scenes were fictitious as well. Thanks to you and the rest of the DRT, professional investigators were able to locate all but one of the drone locations which cast serious doubt on such theories.

The audio presentation of these said investigators was absolutely riveting! It is a must listen for anyone who has any interest in this case.

So if I may ask you, what are your thoughts on the drones saga after pursuing it for 10 years? What were these vehicles? Who do you believe was behind them?  Who were really the cast of characters of Jenna, Stephen and of course the person who started it all, Chad?

I understand that I'm asking you to speculate profusely, but the nonetheless I'm very interested to read your thoughts and sentiments regarding this case.

Offline spf33

• Administrator
  • Major Dronie
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 10:55:08 pm »
Hey 10538 and hello DRT! 

Hope you are all well.

I stopped by here earlier today not realizing the date.

Incredible.  So many years ago, but it seems like it all happened just yesterday.  To answer the question: No, I can't believe it's been 10 years!

Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I first saw Chad's "Strange Craft" posted on Gameguru Mania in their News section.  Although, I can't find that original post, I think they posted the fantastic Scannedimage-4.jpg with a link back to the Coast To Coast page.

A day or two later, after searching for more info then finding the Above Top Secret discussion, I emailed Lex Lonehood the webmaster at Coast To Coast to ask if he had altered Chad's images and to request the original jpg's if he had.

Tomorrow will be exactly ten years ago that I sent that email. 

I'm think I posted this exchange back near the beginning of the saga, but here are 2 screenshots; my request and Lex's reply: