Author Topic: Video from Defense Department's Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program  (Read 1005 times)

Offline spf33

• Administrator
  • Major Dronie
Every once in a while I come across something that reminds me of the drones.  Apparently, this video was just released today by the
now defunct Defense Department's Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program.

A video shows an encounter between a Navy F/A-18 Super Hornet and an unknown object. It was released by the Defense Department's
Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program. By Courtesy of U.S. DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE on Publish Date December 16, 2017.

Although the article isn't specifically about this video, here's where I saw it:

Pentagon acknowledges program to investigate UFO encounters

A few people have uploaded it to Youtube.

Right now the most recent comment is pretty interesting:

"That looks exactly like a UFO I saw flying over the Pine Treetops at Quaking Aspen Meadows Campground in the California Sierra Nevada
Mountains in the Summer of 1961when I was 10 years old. My whole family saw it. There was a lot of other UFO activity beyond the treetop
buzz as well. I'm now 67 now,  and still remember it quite clearly."

And here's Tom Delonge's "To The Stars Academy of Arts & Science" analysis of the video.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 05:33:15 pm by spf33 »

Offline onthefence

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
From The Hill link:
"According to a New York Times report, the $22 million Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program began in 2007 and was funded primarily at the request of former Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.), who has long had an interest in the topic."

I wonder what happened in 2007 to prompt this sort of funding.

Offline spf33

• Administrator
  • Major Dronie
From The Hill link:
"According to a New York Times report, the $22 million Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program began in 2007 and was funded primarily at the request of former Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.), who has long had an interest in the topic."

I wonder what happened in 2007 to prompt this sort of funding.

Hmmmm, I wonder.  ;)

I'm curious to know if Luis Elizondo, the guy who ran the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program and who is now Director of Global Security & Special Programs at To The Stars Academy of Arts & Science is aware of the 2007 California drones?

I sent him an email.  I'll provide any updates here if I hear back from him.

Offline spf33

• Administrator
  • Major Dronie
Since the New York Times first broke and published the story/video, I'll assume that their video is the closest to 1st generation, i.e. the least amount of compression/degradation.

Here is that unaltered video [Look at That Thing! U.S. Navy Jet Encounters Unknown Object.mp4 20.1 MB].  Although, this is not the exact same version they published yesterday, it has been annotated at some point in the past 24 hours to correct mistakes in the transcription of the pilots conversations.

Here's a .gif I made of what I thought was the more interesting part of the video:

« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 03:12:02 am by spf33 »