Author Topic: Chad pics  (Read 30693 times)

Offline Nemo492

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
    • Ovnis-USA
Re: Chad pics
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 01:22:41 pm »

Number 3 is the photograph where one can see the "French Broom" at the right side, hard to say where Chad exactly took this shoot:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 02:44:13 pm by elevenaugust »
http://ovnis-usa.com
The only motivation for the DRT is finding the truth.

Offline elevenaugust

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
  • א ב ג ד ה ו ז ח ט י כ ך ל מ ם נ ן ס ע פ ף צ ץ ק ר
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 01:56:37 pm »
What we know:
1. Chad is a hicker

2. Chad have a property somewhere in the aera

3. At least two of the photos were taken in a private property.

4. There are a lot of nice places to hike at the West of Chad's location, and not too far (I calculate it in a diameter 2 miles away from Chad's location, in a straight line) which is VERY easy for someone who use to hike.

5. These places have lots of houses that haven't been explored by Frank and Tom; and i will surely not blame them for that, the place is really hard to explore with all these little roads, paths and houses everywhere.

6. The place where Chad's wife cellphone photo was taken is the highest place all around the aera: if one want see something above the valley, it's THE place.

7. The only way to join this place by hiking is by the private dirty road:

8. We are sure that all these photos were NOT taken the same days and that there's two sequences:
  • The cellphone photo (n°1)
  • The others (n°2 to 6 [the "sky" one]

Then, to resume, my points are:

Chad lives somewhere at the West of where the photos were taken, in the valley. He saw the drone most of the time from his house, and sometimes outside, hiking alone or with his one month pregant wife.
(We can hiking with a one month pregant woman, I have done it myself with my wife many times, and for miles.)

He knows that the only way to photograph the drone properly is to get the place where is wife firstly took the cellphone photo and also that THE ONLY WAY to get it is by the private dirty road.

Firstly, he went to this high place with his wife for a walk (and maybe for admire the view) passing by this private road that he knows very well, since he's a neighbor (and maybe a friend of the owner), his wife took the picture with the cellphone and, SINCE THIS MOMENT, Chad knows that if he want to see the drone again and capture it, he have to get the summit.

Then, secondly, he returned to the summit another day with his friend and neighbour, here again, by the private dirty road, to try to see the drone again and took the rest of the pictures, beginning with the "Valley" one (n°2) almost at the same place as his wife and him saw it for the first time. The drone coming at this time closer, he didn't hesitate (and remember that he probably knows the owners of the privates) to go on a private road to get better shoots.
IPACO, the new tool for photo and video analysis is on-line! www.ipaco.fr

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 01:29:05 am »
Hey everyone.  I may have found a drone shadow.  It may be from small arm that sticks out on the left.  Check it out and post what you think.

Offline onthefence

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 02:53:12 am »
Hey everyone.  I may have found a drone shadow.  It may be from small arm that sticks out on the left.  Check it out and post what you think.

I don't think so for a few  reasons.
  • The craft looks like it might be closer than those trees, but that is just an uninformed guess. And if it is closer, then the spire shadow indicates the Sun would cast a shadow between the photographer and the craft.
  • The spire shadows don't seem to match up to the darkened tree area. Check out my rough estimate of shadow angle below.
  • The tree shadow has a 53 degree angle unexpected to the horizontal craft body/fin.

Offline spf33

• Administrator
  • Major Dronie
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 01:44:38 pm »
  • The tree shadow has a 53 degree angle unexpected to the horizontal craft body/fin.

what time does 53 degrees that put the photo at?

what to do, what to do...continue the 3d with scannedimage.jpg or jump over to scannedimage2 and 5?!!

5 seems like it might be the best bet as far as finding a drone shadow goes.

Offline onthefence

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 01:52:52 pm »
what time does 53 degrees that put the photo at?

I did not mean the angle of the Sun, I meant the angle that the shadow appears on the trees:

I could not see how a horizontal object could cast such an angled shadow.

Offline spf33

• Administrator
  • Major Dronie
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 03:15:00 pm »

I did not mean the angle of the Sun, I meant the angle that the shadow appears on the trees:

ah.  ok, posted much too soon after waking up.

i think i will do some searching for airplanes, helicopters, or hot air balloons casting shadows onto forested areas.  this might be helpful to see what kind of effects are generally seen.

did you guys take down the dave and tonio's reference photos for chad's scannedimage2?

i have them at home, i think, but not here at work.

Offline onthefence

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 03:34:51 pm »
i think i will do some searching for airplanes, helicopters, or hot air balloons casting shadows onto forested areas.  this might be helpful to see what kind of effects are generally seen.

IMO, that dark angled line in the trees looks like a shadow of the trees, one clump over another.

did you guys take down the dave and tonio's reference photos for chad's scannedimage2?

Some pictures are being moved to a more convenient picture share location before this thread goes public, but I did not do that. Maybe 11aug can help you on that.

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 04:06:48 pm »
I not sure on the shadow.  I just thought the shape is too straight (artificial looking) and does not look like a tree shadow.  As far as the angle of it goes, wouldn't the angle of the tree surface determine the angle of the shadow?

Offline nekitamo

• Administrator
  • Major Dronie
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 02:24:39 pm »

Is the original image you used here available somewhere? I didn't find it among other DRT images I've downloaded from rapidshare, and I would like to check whether the drone is in front of that tree or behind it. Also, do you have any other images visually "connecting" with your replicas for #2/#4/#5 so we can construct some kind of "panoramic" view of the surrounding area?

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 04:51:21 pm »
Is the original image you used here available somewhere? I didn't find it among other DRT images I've downloaded from rapidshare, and I would like to check whether the drone is in front of that tree or behind it. Also, do you have any other images visually "connecting" with your replicas for #2/#4/#5 so we can construct some kind of "panoramic" view of the surrounding area?
It's one from the batch that I took.  I did not post them because I thought they would be redundant but I will if you feel it may help.

Offline nekitamo

• Administrator
  • Major Dronie
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 06:48:32 pm »
Strike out that one about connecting images, just figured that your video from Chad's place provides exactly what I wanted to know. But it would be great if you uploaded the original of the image you used, as one provided here is too small for analysis.

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 07:23:04 pm »
It turns out that pic has 11Aug cropped out.  I don't know if I can post it to the public board without his permission.  I do have many photos just like that one without him in it.  You may want the one with him for perspective though.  Do you think it would help if I uploaded the rest?

Offline elevenaugust

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
  • א ב ג ד ה ו ז ח ט י כ ך ל מ ם נ ן ס ע פ ף צ ץ ק ר
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2008, 08:56:15 pm »
I'm ok for posting everything to public. No need for my permission, Numbers! :D
IPACO, the new tool for photo and video analysis is on-line! www.ipaco.fr