Author Topic: Chad pics  (Read 30694 times)

majicbar

Re: Chad pics
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2008, 11:59:40 am »
As I see it, given the size of Chad's drone in this photo #4, I believe that the arm causing the shadow is the one that is at the 7:45 position. Using an orange to represent the tree and using a lamp to my right, using a pencil to represent the drone's arm at that position, I get a shadow much like that in the tree and this would explain why the antenna of the crown are not also seen in shadow in the tree. Using the site of this photograph and various data that you have generated you should be able to confirm the size of the drone as you have indicated. Phenomenal.

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2008, 05:59:19 pm »
Strike out that one about connecting images, just figured that your video from Chad's place provides exactly what I wanted to know. But it would be great if you uploaded the original of the image you used, as one provided here is too small for analysis.

http://home.comcast.net/~dl1027/files/object/DSCF0010.JPG

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2008, 06:32:05 pm »

From what I seeing, this would depend on how far away the drone is from the camera.  The drone does look closer than the tree with the shadow.  That does not work with the shadows on the drone.  The drone would have to be over the tree for this to work and I don't think that's the case.

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2008, 06:37:10 pm »
Majicbar,

Do I have the wrong arm?  Could it be the small arm next to the one I indicated would fit better with the drone shadows?  That would get it further out and over the tree but the angle of it would be wrong.  Do you agree?

Offline onthefence

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2008, 07:06:18 pm »
Well I misunderstood you before. I thought you meant the largest fin. However, one of the smaller fins is looking like a possibility.

I have shown what I think is the possible range of angles from the Sun using the shadows on the craft, and that dark line you pointed out on the trees does fall in the that region.

majicbar

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 05:09:22 am »
As I am seeing it , it is the arm behind the one you are indicating, the lower on on the left side of the drone behind the one you have drawn. One has to be careful with the indicated sun angle as the drone showing the shadows is angleled downward and this enhances the actual angle. The shadow on the tree is probably correct, you have to consider this tree as a round ball, and the sun angle would have to be determined for the site and time to be sure of all the possibilities, my own lame experiment says it is in the ballpark.

ED.... Go down the throat of the Torus, its central axis, the arm causing the shadow in the tree is the one immediately to the left of the axis which casts the shadow, not the next one. The middle yellow line is the corrrect sun angle. This is seen in the trees just under these arms.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 03:51:00 am by majicbar »

Offline Arkhangels

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Dronie
  • ~~"Flying around"~~
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2008, 11:49:08 pm »
Hi everyone!!!
My first post here  ;D

Thanks Nemo, eleven and numbers for the Pics!!!!!!
I was waiting them for a long time!
And thanks for revealing the Chad Location, I assume that now you want people to help you guys in covering that private area and asking in those houses:
"hi sir! Have you seen drones lately?"  ;D

And now that we have the pictures I ask:
How hard would it be for a guy to suspend a model behind the trees? Comparing the tree size to the size of a model, the model would have to be as large as we think the real craft would be. And suspending it would be a terrible idea.
And how hard would it be for a guy to merge the drone in the scene, behind the trees and branches? I heard that it is one of the hardest things to do with digital images.
It seems more and more real as things are revealed...  :)

Regards
Ark

« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 12:32:06 am by Arkhangels »

Whoooooo

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 01:12:02 am »
Hey Ark,

What took you so long!  ;)

It's good to have you in the forum which specializes in Dronology!

Offline spf33

• Administrator
  • Major Dronie
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2008, 04:34:17 pm »
need to invest more time, the renders are quick and rough. 
just wanted to make sure this was even even possible before i get more in depth;

*whoops, i see i used june instead of may.  doesn't change shadow position too much though.  update when i do a cleaner render.

ok, still june sun, but here is a closeup of the model in the rough matching position:

« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 06:51:53 pm by spf33 »

Offline leviathan

• Major Dronie
    • L E V I A T H A N
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2008, 06:00:38 pm »
Now above we have REAL research and experimentation and it is excellent.  I suppose the people here get tired of me saying it is excellent, but it is EXCELLENT work.  All are to be congratulated on the most thorough work on a UFO event ever done.
IC
We at L E V I A T H A N were banned from the UFO Casebook Forum and it is so sad.
http://livyatan.blogspot.com/

Offline HPO

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #1
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2008, 06:10:28 pm »
Now above we have REAL research and experimentation and it is excellent.  I suppose the people here get tired of me saying it is excellent, but it is EXCELLENT work.  All are to be congratulated on the most thorough work on a UFO event ever done.
IC

I'll second that, excellent work SPF33

-HPO-

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2008, 06:27:42 pm »
My calculations have the shadow angle at 54 degrees (scan4).  Going by the naval sun angle chart that puts it at about 3:15 pm (adjusted for daylight savings time).

Of course this may not be exact because I'm not sure about the angle of the camera in relation to the horizon.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 06:36:23 pm by 10538 »

majicbar

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2008, 06:49:29 pm »
10538, I thought the Sun Angle of 54 degrees was too great. If you look at the shadow cause by the wires connecting the side arms to the torus, you do get closer to what you've indicated. These shadows I think would place the Sun to be more at a 50 to 45 degree elevation, given that the arm connects to a slanted surface. I guess I need to see more detail to be sure.

The shadows seen in the other photograph would tend to say a lesser angle, perhaps 25 to 30 degree elevation. We have nothing to say when these photographs were taken. Chad claims to have seen the drone several times and may have then photographed it on several days.

spf33, from what I see in the overall assembly of terrain and the shadows on Chad's pictures, the Sun Angle is much closer to sunset, probably around 6PM, 270 to 280 degrees azimuth.

In your example of shadows on the sphere I think you need to place the axis of the drone's torus closer to the edge, at about the 1:30 o'clock position and then I think the arm in the 6 o'clock position will cast the proper shadow. It is going to be iffy as to the correlation with the photograph as I think that this tree is less than round.

With really good photogrametric software we perhaps could extract the exact shape of the tree at the point where the shadow is seen. The more detail that we extract the less likely anyone could afford the CGI to duplicate this photograph, not impossible, but really costly.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 07:20:00 pm by majicbar »

Offline spf33

• Administrator
  • Major Dronie
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2008, 08:25:26 pm »
I think would place the Sun to be more at a 50 to 45 degree elevation...
spf33... the Sun Angle is much closer to sunset, probably around 6PM, 270 to 280 degrees azimuth.

in 3ds max the altitude is 45° at 3pm and 33° at 4pm on may 1 2007.
at 6pm the alt\az is 10°\281.
to me it's looking like between 3p-430p the 3d shadows will match the photo really closely.

It is going to be iffy as to the correlation with the photograph as I think that this tree is less than round.

this study was just to get a rough idea if the shadows seen in the photo (the spires, the right arm brace shadow, and the possible shadow on the tree) could even be possible given the known geographical location and assumed scale and position of the drone.

majicbar

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2008, 11:46:43 pm »
I feel I have to agree to a 30 to 35 degree shadow from what I'm seeing in the trees. You've done a good analysis there I feel.

In numbers getting 54 degrees in the other photograph, I feel more confident that we are looking at a photograph taken at a different, earlier time, perhaps on different day altogether.

Part of the problem I face is that living at 45 degrees north latitude in Minnesota, I have a very distorted view of sun angles as they shift so dramatically over the seasons compared to California, and the time is so much later too for sunsets up to the solstice.