Author Topic: Raj drone shadow study  (Read 12610 times)

Offline 10538

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #2
Re: Raj drone shadow study
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 06:19:13 pm »
Well because, like I wrote before, the sunlight is coming from the right in that picture, it's coming from ahead of the long arm, so the lightray's will go parallel with the arm and make no projection on that appendage.
I think the reason why you can see the difference in darkness in my render between the shadow and the dark part in de appendage, is because I think the darker area needs to be bigger in my model, and I also need to adjust the highlight properties of the material.
I think that's also the reason why you don't see that area in PICT0017, that's because of 'flashing' of the sunlight in that area.

-HPO-

I understand your thoughts on this and acknowledge that you may very well be correct.  But why can't the long arm shadow fall like this?

Also, when I look at pic 17, it looks like the side of the appendage is at an angle that would not be reflecting sunlight directly at the camera.  For that reason I doubt the "flashing" theory but I concede that it's still a possibility.

Offline HPO

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #1
Re: Raj drone shadow study
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 06:55:26 pm »
Hi 10538,....hmm yes that angle maybe possible in PICT16, in fact it may very well be the correct angle (I have to try that) , but I think the tip of the arm is maybe to far away to cast such a hard shadow on the appendage.

I will also have a look at the 'flashing' theory, I'll try to replicate that, but spf33 allready did a test with it on OMF

-HPO-
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 11:15:30 pm by HPO »