Author Topic: Another drone caught on film????  (Read 6342 times)

Endzone

Another drone caught on film????
« on: September 06, 2009, 11:13:03 pm »

Offline Douglas

• Hero Dronie #1
Re: Another drone caught on film????
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 11:38:12 pm »
Yes,  he should fear ridicule...it's just a crack in the windshield. Didn't we see this last week?

http://www.ufocasebook.com/2009c/sanrafael.html
Hmmmm interesting.

Endzone

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 06:09:01 am »
Funny how guys like this always think they are pullin one over on us..... ::)

Offline DroneTeamNews

• Administrator
  • Founding Dronie
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 10:56:47 am »
Sometimes I wonder if a proportion of the more persistent, extreme and exaggerated drone postings are intentionally whacko and deliberately misleading for the purpose of subject matter depreciation. Or maybe all such postings are just truly some crazy pathetic sick joke or product of a warped mind. I'll never have a complete answer to the following thought:

Are baseless postings deliberately posed in order to build up a self-sustaining negative association with the CARET material?

It would be fair to say that these type of persistently useless postings have achieved treatment of the PACL subject matter similar to the mainstream media treatment of ufo's --> tinfoil researchers of a generally ludicrous topic not worthy of investigation by anyone remotely curious of the possibility of extraterrestial visitation. No matter which side of the 'debate' one sits on, nor whether sitting on the fence, debasing claims and extreme, deprecating posts are a great shame... a shame equal to any hoax or disinformation campaign not in the public interest or the public good.

Balanced, rational skepticism has been a great catalyst for further analysis so I'm not referring to the many meaningful posts questioning the validity of " Isaac's " release of information. (I respect and appreciate rational skepticism especially when information is not complete and where speculation and assumption preside.)

No, I specifically refer to meaningless, publicity seeking posts like that of cgbspender on OMF 'CARET Document Analysis: Prime Model' and other fantasy which does not support useful analysis. Sadly, it's at best a good laugh and... that's about it. I'd prefer to watch Wacky Races on youtube. Now that's entertainment  ;)

--End--

Offline onthefence

• Administrator
  • Hero Dronie #3
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 04:04:17 pm »
Sometimes I wonder if a proportion of the more persistent, extreme and exaggerated drone postings are intentionally whacko and deliberately misleading for the purpose of subject matter depreciation.

I think you may be referring to the Strawman argument, albeit a more sneaky version of it.

In the Argentina case, I was contacted only by someone who read the news article. I think the original witness quoted in the article may have been trying to fool people, but it was not related to drones except by the person reading the article. No harm intended.

On the other hand, I agree that there may be parts of the drone story or persons involved who want to make this look as ridiculous as possible so that any real investigation will be turned away.